Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 13 Recipe: Nutty Mixed up Salad

Lucky enough to have a Jason's Deli in your neighborhood?  They have the best mufalatta this side of New Orleans.  Their salads are delish as well, and a whole lot healthier. Here is my version of my favorite salad at Jason's; it's the nutty mixed up salad.


Ingredients:
4 cups of spring mix salad
1/2 chopped Fuji apple
10 (or so) red seedless grapes cut in half
2T of peppito's ( pumpkin seeds)
2T of Feta crumbled
2-3T of balsamic vinaigrette (love Marie's)
1-2T dried cranberries





Toss ingredients together and enjoy.

This is one of the best salads I've ever had; feel free to add some diced chicken breast if your heart desires.  The sweet fruits marry so well with the feta and salty crunch of the peppito's.

Now, if you have been lucky enough to have enjoyed this salad at  Jason's you will notice I left out one thing. Jason's also adds a little blend of chopped walnut and sun dried tomato.  The feta I use has sun dried tomato and I didn't have walnuts  on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment