Monday, February 4, 2013

Week Six Recipe: Twix Bar Brownies

We were invited to a super bowl party yesterday and I was in charge of desserts.  Yay!!  Any excuse to try something new and decadent.  And because it was for a party I didn't need to worry about leftovers in the house calling out to me with their sweet hypnotic siren's song...."If you eat us all in one sitting the calories get confused and leave your body."  Lies!  So with fair warning that you don't want to make these unless you are serving a large crowd (if you eat them yourself  you will soon be your own large crowd) here is this week's recipe:

Twix Brownies
Click through to get the recipe  from Jasey's Crazy Daisy.   I followed it exactly and here is what mine came out like:

Wow, are these good.  I guess the bright side is that they are so rich you can't eat a large portion.  The downside is your eyes see the small portion and trick your brain into thinking you can have a second helping.  It's a vicious cycle.  

Some of the comments on the recipe site mention that the shortbread crust is a weak spot in this otherwise perfect brownie.  I tend to agree; next time I will make a shortbread for the base as others have suggested.  

Rich doesn't only apply to their taste; these babies cost about $17 to make.  Worth every penny.




No comments:

Post a Comment