Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week 23 Recipe: 7 Ingredient Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe goes waaaaaaay back in my recipe book.  So far back that I don't need the recipe card for it anymore, and that's saying a lot because I can hardly remember where I put my keys from day to day!  It's one of those recipes that you can make healthy or rich, depending on your mood - Easy Chicken Enchiladas.


Ingredients:
1 lb of cooked chicken shredded (I use chicken breast, but you can use dark meat as well)
2 10 3/4 oz cans of  cream of chicken soup
1 4 oz can of chopped green chiles
1 small bunch of green onion sliced
1 cup of sour cream
8 flour tortillas (I use the 8" size)
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
                                                                                                                                                                      
Note: You can lighten the recipe by using light sour cream, Healthy Request cream of chicken soup and Carb Balance tortillas.  I suppose you could try low fat cheese as well, but that's just going a little too crazy if you ask me!  You can also add about 1/2 cup of water and put a little less filling inside to stretch the recipe a little further.  I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS IF YOU USE THE HEALTHY REQUEST SOUP because the consistency is already thinner.
                                                                                                                                                                      


Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the cheese and tortillas.

Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture on every tortilla as well as a tablespoon of cheese.  
Roll the tortillas and place in a well greased 9 by 11 pan (I line mine with foil for quick clean up and grease the foil). 
The goal is to leave enough of the chicken mixture so you can spread the extra on top.  

Spread the remaining mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.  
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes until you have a pan of bubbly goodness.  
Serve and enjoy!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment