Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Some final thoughts for the year

2013 started with a challenge to create a recipe and craft that I had found on Pinterest for every week.  Well, 2013 is ending and I didn't quite make it.  I was able to get 39 crafts and 30 recipes posted.  Truthfully, I was able to get through the 52 crafts and 52 recipes, I just wasn't able to write about all of it.

Why, you ask?  Some of the crafts fell into the "epic fail" category.  My favorite was the cement jack-o-lantern.  Here's the original from fox hollow cottage:

…and here's mine:

 

Not so great.

Some of the crafts I did just like the post, so there wasn't any point in re-inventing the wheel.  Most of the crafts I just didn't take the time to take photos as I went along.  If often wasn't practical (hard to take a picture when you need both hands to be working on the craft), or I was covered in glue/paint and didn't want to stop, clean up and snap the picture.

My favorite craft this year was a mixed media piece I made based on the inspiration (and great tutorial) from Christy Tomlinson's website.  Her Christmas tree was amazing, so I thought I would give it a whirl.








No comments:

Post a Comment